Jul 26, 2012

Sharing more Authentique

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your Authentique Monthly Pack. It's been great seeing what everyone is coming up with. Today we have more to share with one of our creative ladies stepping outside the square. How good is it to see other ways of using your scrapbooking techniques, whilst adorning your home at the same time!
Beach Babes OTP by Anita Bownds (CT)
I started with a blank mdf heart, I painted it white then stamped a flourish around the edges in blue and brown. I matted my photos on patterned paper, and punched a border strip for the bottom of my photos.

Then I cut out 2 shells from the patterned paper and made a flower using a die and put a brad in the middle. Next I added a bit of red trim and a bit of the cream webbing to the back of the flower and a little twine bow.
This is great Anita, and such a fresh adornment for your home.  Well done.
Sitting Forward by Nicole McNamara
This is Nicole's 2nd layout using the Authentique Monthly Pack.  A great use of the kit elements to showcase Chloe's first ride in her car seat, Facing Forward!  The flower with it's webbing, the arrows and the pin look great.  The little postcard is a great way to journal as well.  Well done Nicole.

Janet

3 comments:

Claire said...

Anita, that heart is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful keepsake for your kids. Nicole, I love the way you've cut the paper into arrows and how you've kept the neutral colour scheme. Lovely!

Anita Bownds said...

wow Nicole great layout,totally cute photo love your layout..!!

Deb said...

Gorgeous, totally gorgeous Anita!! Your flower centre piece is fabulous, and your stamping is great.

Wow Nicole, this layout is gorgeous. Love the flower, and the fan - and you've used my fave technique - distressing :) Well done on this fabulous layout

Deb ♥