Sep 6, 2012

Spring Bursts!

Hi Everyone, welcome to our Spring ScrapBurst creations.  I hope you are all having fun with this round of ScrapBursts, and that you all get time to get a few done!
ScrapBurst #2 - Hexagons x6 or more
The Bee Man by Sally Clark (CT)
As soon as I saw the 'Hex It Up' Scrapburst I knew I had to dig out these pics of the 'Bee Man' getting rid of the swarm of bees in our backyard. When I searched through my stash of papers from Scrapville I found the perfect Basic Grey paper from the June Bug range which I used for 2 of the large hexagons. I used a JilliBean Soup yellow printed paper as my background as it was a lovely mellow yellow and not too overpowering.
I cut some smaller hexagons from extra bits of the paper, mounted them up in random places on the larger hexagons, doodled a bit of a border and added some pearls to the centres for added interest. I also added a small blob of Dimensional Magic to the centre circles on the hexagon printed paper for a little added lift.
I stamped the Penny Black bee stamp twice using Staz-On - once on vellum and once on yellow cardstock. I cut the wing section from the vellum and the body section from the yellow cardstock, adhered the wings behind the body, adhered the body section only to the LO and folded the wings up slightly. Topped it all off with some Dimensional Magic over the bee body. Add some extra doodling for flight paths and it all came together quite well.
Well done Sally, very creative indeed!
ScrapBurst #3 Distressed Stamping
A Single White Rose by Anita Bownds (CT)
I've used Gesso to make the white dots on the background, and flicked it with Wood Stain spritz.  I added 2 strips of paper to the top and bottom of the layout, and distressed them. Then I cut out a pelmet and layered it, adding a chipboard circle turned into a button.
I fussy cut the basket of flowers and popped it on double sided tape added a chipboard circle that I turned into a button. Then I added a few butterflies with rhinestones.
I sprayed Caramel Latte and Wood Stain spritz onto a bit of plastic then pressed my BasicGrey floral stamp into it. I then stamped the image on the top and bottom of the background paper. 
Lovely stamping and fussy cutting Anita, and I love that rose, just beautiful. Well done.
ScrapBurst #1 Wordplay - Heart
They Warm my Heart by Jennie Seal
What a wonderful layout, a great take on the ScrapBurst several times over!  Nice white space with a splash of red spritzing and embellishments.
Utilizing the shape of the heart, Jennie has been able to add in an assortment of different patterns and embellishments to adorn it.  With an assortment of red colourings, this becomes a very effective idea to be creative with shapes.
Very simple, yet elegant.  It's all you need really to make your page extra special, and a great way to soften a title.  Well done Jennie.

Well I hope you have enjoyed these creations and are inspired to get scrapping.  You have the whole month to get your ScrapBurst challenges in.  Have fun!

Janet

1 comment:

Anita Bownds said...

Sally wow that looks so kool,love how you cut the photos...

Jennie Your page looks wonderful,love that big heart and your misting ...great page..