Jan 11, 2012

MEET THE TEAM - SALLY CLARK

Hi Everyone, you would be greatly mistaken if you thought we were not going to give returning CT Member Sally a mention as well!  Perhaps we need to throw in a few wobbly questions for Sally so that you can find out something you didn't know!  Check out this little questionnaire, and please join me in welcoming Sally Clark and her creativeness back to the Creative Team for 2012.

Name: SALLY CLARK

I live: in Finley, a small farming town in the NSW Southern Riverina.

I have been scrapbooking and card making for: 
…as long as I can remember.  I used to glue all my birthday cards into large paper scrapbooks when I was about 5 and my mum recently gave me a card I had made for her when I was about the same age!!!   Mum gave me my first wood mounted stamp about 22 years ago when she returned from a trip to USA…that was the beginning of serious cardmaking.  I started scrapbooking when I was a demonstrator for a party plan company and had to use the products we sold, and that was about 12 years ago.

How would you describe your style, and how has it changed since you started scrapping?
I don’t know that I have a style.  I like so many different ‘styles’ and I just play with what works for the photos I am working with.

What are your favourite techniques?
Inking!  I would be totally LOST without my inkpads. Hand sewing and stamping.

My favorite tools are:   
1…Silent Setter
2…Cricut
3…Piercing tool & mat
4…Paper trimmer
5…Craft knife

My tip for new Scrappers/Card Makers…attend classes, crops and retreats  to learn and be inspired by the atmosphere around you.  Don’t rush out and buy the latest and greatest of everything…start simple and build up as you go.    

My most memorable quick fix for a page gone terribly wrong is…can’t remember!  They must have been so bad I have erased all memory from my mind.  When I do something I am not happy with I either start again or put it aside and come back to it later…much later!!!  Cardmaking  is much more forgiving than scrapbooking…I usually just stick another piece of card or paper over the offending area or add more ink.  Ink hides a multitude of sins!!!

Retreats: each year I attend 1 Retreat with… SCRAPVILLE!!!!!!  
Last year was the BEST retreat I have ever attended…beautiful setting, relaxed atmosphere and a great bunch of girls!

I am excited to be a part of the Team at Scrapville because: …it makes me extend myself and try things I wouldn’t necessarily try or use.

I have been published in: …Stamping & Papercraft.

I have taught classes: …at Starfish Lane, Bellbird Stamps and Papercraft, Spotlight, Scrapbookit and SCRAPVILLE!!!  As well as numerous community groups.  I also trained consultants how to teach classes for a party plan company.

Thanks Sally, now we all know what INK is really used for!  Looking forward to another great year ahead.  And below you will find a layout that Sally did for a class.
Perfect by Sally Clark (CT)

Janet

4 comments:

Claire said...

Lovely to know a bit more about you Sally! The flourishes and flowers look great framing your photo...is that your son?

Anita Bownds said...

wow awesome layout sally,love the flourishes and flowers...

Sal said...

Thanks ladies! Yep, that is our #1 son about 18mths ago aged 16.

Deb said...

Fabulous layout Sally - so much inspiration on it :)

Deb ♥