Jan 5, 2012

MEET THE TEAM - CLAIRE APOSTOLOFF

Hi Everyone, well it's time to meet another of our new 2012 Creative Team Members.  Again we have put together a little questionnaire so that you can find out a bit more about the girls.  Please join me in welcoming Claire Apostoloff to the Team, and read on to learn a little more about her creativeness!

Name: Claire Apostoloff      

I live: in Hornsby, NSW

I have been scrapbooking and/or card making for: Just over 5 years. A friend used to teach card making classes and when she showed me her craft room I was hooked.  I then did a scrapbooking class with another friend and soon became addicted after my first son was born. I have always loved beautiful patterned papers but never knew what to do with them until I started scrapping

The type of style I like is: Clean and simple. I don’t tend to put a lot of embellishments on my pages because I like the focal point to be the photographs.

The colours I love to work with are: Lots of bright colours, in particular red and yellow – they seem to suit 3 and 5 year old boys!  I especially like bright colours against a white background.

The products I love to work with are: Anything and everything! Through my addiction I have probably accumulated something from just about every manufacturer!  I love altering chipboard and making my own embellishments from patterned paper, layering and fussy cutting.

My favorite patterned papers are: I admit I’m a complete My Minds Eye tragic – anyone who reads my blog will know this!  I also love Crate Paper, Basic Grey, Echo Park, Imaginisce, Cosmo Cricket, Studio Calico...the list is endless

The people I love to scrap most are: My two boys and my nephew, Sam, who is in the UK. However, I have just become an auntie to a beautiful little girl called Carys. Unfortunately she lives in the US so I have to rely on my brother in law to send lots of pictures. Hopefully I’ll be scrapping a bit more pink soon! I have got better at scrapping myself – someone pointed out to me how important it is that we scrap ourselves so that our children can read about us when they are older. I think it’s good for them to know that their mother has a life that isn’t just all about them!

I scrap at: The kitchen bench top. My hubbie has just finished building our kitchen from scratch and put in an island bench especially for me to scrap at. Now I’m trying to persuade him he needs to build an entire room!


I attend 1 Retreat each year in Sydney.  I have been for the last 3 years but probably won’t be able to make it this year unfortunately.

I have been published in: Scrapbooking Memories, Scrapbook Magazine (UK), Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft, Scrapbooking Creations, Australian Scrapbooking Ideas and online in Scrapstreet and Scrapbook News and Review.

I am excited to be a Guest on the Scrapville Creative Team because:  I love to share ideas and see how other people interpret challenges. It always amazes me what people come up with when using different products.

Thanks Claire, now lets have a look at what you've created lately. 
Claire has created a card for the Sketch Challenge using some of her Monthly Pack, and some Crate Paper.
XOX Card by Claire Apostoloff (CT)
Claire used a heart die to cut the various hearts, and then layered the dictionary paper and Crate Paper with some double-sided foam mounting tape.  A scattering of bling adds a nice sparkle, and several layers frame the borders nicely.
The pink strip of patterned paper has been embossed, and then sanded so that the pattern is more defined.

Thanks Claire, and I am looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations.

Janet

4 comments:

Sal said...

Welcome aboard Claire! Love the card...

Anita Bownds said...

wonderful card claire, its lovely to know more about you ...

Deb said...

I feel I almost know you now Claire, lol. Gorgeous card, thanks for the inspiration. Goodluck getting hubby to build that room - I couldnt cope without mine as I am sooooo messy

Deb ♥

DebiJ said...

What a gorgeous card Claire, fabulous textures!