May 24, 2012

Stretching the Monthly Pack

 Enjoy by Anita Bownds (CT)
Here is what Anita has done: I stamped a Papercraft border stamp around the edges of the grey cardstock.  Then I added a splash of white watercolour paint to the background of the cardstock.  I’ve used a wide strip of the polka dot patterned paper, cut a bracket at each end, distressed and adhered a strip of punched out paper down the sides.  I have matted my photo onto another piece of striped patterned paper, cut out a tab and stapled it to the photo.  I have cut out the strip "Live in the Moment" to add as a subtitle.  I’ve also used Adorn It alphas for the extra wording, and a die cut flower with a button in the middle to add a little bit more colour.
Flower Display by Sally Clark (CT)
Here is what Sally has done: I have recycled an empty scented diffuser bottle and it's reeds.  I covered the bottled with a strip of paper and used the gathered ruffle ribbon trim to cover the neck of the bottle, which works really well with the curves of the bottle.  I trimmed the 'Be You' strips from the strip at the bottom of each paper and adhered those to the bottle also.
The flowers were so much fun! I used my Cricut to cut 3 flowers in different sizes, dampened each flower before scrunching violently, un-scrunching slightly and holding them together with an i-Top brad.  I gave each of them a burst with a heat gun which curls the edges a little and hardens them nicely. I then attached them to the reeds and cut the reeds to various lengths before arranging them in the bottle.

Don't forget, there's a free June Monthly Pack up for grabs to the winner of the May Challenge.  Make sure you grab a pack and get yours in before the 31st May.

Janet

3 comments:

Anita Bownds said...

wow Sally that is amazing totally love your flowers..i so have to get me one of those i-top brad makers!!!

Claire said...

Mmmm - did you make those turnovers Anita? They look very tasty! Am so going to use that idea of stamping around the cardstock. I have heaps of border stamps that I never know what to do with! Sally, your flowers look amazing!

Sal said...

I-tops are way too much fun! Check with Janet to see if they are in stock.
Love the Lo Anita..well done!