Nov 13, 2010

Lily Bee Designs Pack

The Christmas Time range from Lily Bee Designs has proven quite a puzzle for some of our avid scrappers, not quite sure whether to work it into a Christmas themed design, or purely a more simplistic layout focusing on the lovely mix of colours.  It gives me tingles all over when I see what these lovely ladies are creating each time a new pack comes out. 

I am glad you are all getting used to working with something new and exciting each month, whether it be colours you don't normally scrap, adding elements you don't usually add, or trying out a few new techniques, those handmade flowers or some yummy Glimmer Mist to name but two.

This layout is by Heather Bensley, our Guest Creative Team member.  Here Heather has taken her inspiration from the Christmas Greens in the range, and added some lovely handmade paper flowers using the reds.  Some holly leaf cutouts from the Christmas tree patterned paper added another nice touch.  A spray of red bling, some doodled stitching with Heather's most famous scrapbooking technique (heaven forbid someone should want their pants hemmed!!), a bit of distressing of the Thickers, and you have one beautiful Christmas layout.

Tis The Season by Heather Bensley (Guest CT)

I also have another layout to share with you, and this focused on the opposite colours to those above.
Again, another nice touch to the versatility of these papers.  You may notice , however, that this is not the Monthly Pack although it is using the Lily Bee Design papers.  I was very happy to put it up so that you could see how easily these papers can be applied to different themes.  Thanks Nikki for your beautiful contribution.

My Wish... by Nikki Antonello
Detail of the masked and sketched snowflakes, and the stitching and flower cluster.


Please be sure to get your challenges in before the end of the month to be in the running for the Scrapville $20.00 Voucher.  And please be quick, as there is only a couple of Monthly Packs left.

Janet

8 comments:

Sam said...

Gorgeous layouts ladies, I am really loving these papers, they are so versitial. Heather I just love the stitching, very cool! Nikki that stamping is great, it inspires me to get my stamps out and have a play, cheers!

Sal said...

WOW, WOW and WOW!!! Did I say WOW? amazing work girls xox

Melinda Spinks said...

Absolutely gorgeous layouts and so different in their approach. This pack is certainly versatile! Heather your stitching is divine as always and Nikki, I'm envious of your glimmermisting and stamping. Thanks for the inspiration!

Marg said...

Gorgeous gorgeous layouts and soooooo different.....

Anthea said...

Just beautiful gals. I love both of your LOs so much. I can't wait to get into my pack.

Allana Adrien said...

Heather lovely layout as always, I have seen your layout on display at Scrapville and the flowers are just beautiful. Also great Christmas photo idea with the candy canes. Nikki love your flower cluster and the stitching on the scallop edge. Hope your wish come true.

Nikki xx said...

Thanks so much for popping my layout up Janet and for all the lovely comments everyone :):):) The papers were so pretty to play with, and I soooo love what you've done Heather. The holly and those beautiful flowers...it really is such a beautiful layout :)

B's knees said...

It's great as always to see the different views from the same papers. I have seen Nikki's page on display at scrapville ..and as everyone knows I love to stitch.....but to see the stitching around the scalloped edge. Nikki what a great job.
regards Heather B